Thursday, July 11, 2013

Missed me?

Wow -- I haven't blogged in awhile.  Didn't even blog about the 4th of July...whaaa? well the 4th was kind of a bust.  We were originally planning on going to watch the fireworks atop Caesars palace but we left kinda late and there was nowhere to park so we went to MGM and watched from there but honestly... It wasn't the same. It wasn't up close :( I miss the show in Clarkston cause you were always RIGHT underneath and I miss hearing "Proud to be American" ... always cry.  The only cool thing about the 4th this year was that it was on top of MGM and you could see firework shows from EVERYWHERE... Next year we've already decided we're going to Hendersons firework show and the year after that the Skyvue will be up and running and we'll watch it from there.

Sue was here from Sun-Wed and we had a really good visit.  First day was a little awkward but after awhile we got more comfortable.  We had some nice home cooked dinners and the last night before she left she helped me make chicken and asparagus and the chicken marinade was BOMB...the asparagus was soooo good and I even ate the leftovers!  We had cake and ice cream the day she got in and Sarah got some presents from all of the aunties. She got a Paris, France shirt from grandma Sue along with a cute princess card and a doorknob hanger that says SHHH Princess is sleeping or Your highness will see you now! lol...she loves it.  She also got a Rapunzel doll and a new baby that crawls and talks.  Needless to say, she got SPOILED by grandma and family.  We went swimming one night and did a lot of sightseeing.  We ate at America in NYNY which was pretty amazing, had the entire United States hanging from the wall with all of the famous landmarks in each state.  We also ate at the Cafe in Sunset Station and ate at TGIF's thanks to Sue.  We walked M&M Factory, NYNY, took the tram from the Aria to Belagio and saw the world famous Chocolate Factory and cake production place with the worlds largest Chocolate Fountain...A M A Z I N G.  Can't wait to take people there!! Where else... Ummm... Went to the Mirage and went to the Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat and fell in LOVE with the dolphins.  That was fun.

Mostly, we stayed cool inside.  There was a WICKED thunderstorm the day she got here that had us in Flood warning. that was NUTS, but we need all the rain we can get because there is a WICKED fire that continued to blaze right now over the Charleston Mountains.  Seeing that from Treasure Island (oh yes - we watched the pirate show!!!) was such an amazing sight and I've honestly never seen anything like that.

It was a good visit.  Sue and I had some time to chat and we watched The Bachelorette together as well as Americas Got Talent.  She's into the entertainment news stuff like I am, and we pretty much agree on Politics, so conversation flows pretty nicely.  Of course Sarah was in Grandma heaven and I'm very thankful that she has a close relationship with both of her grandma's.  It made me miss you more than anything and wish you were here, but I know you'll be here soon and I can't wait!!

I'll say it early - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I dunno if you'll even check the blog, but I hope you have a great birthday, wish I was there to give you 54 black balloons and some depends, but I'll be there in spirit and I hope you like your gift that is soon to arrive!!

Lots of stuff to do next week so I am going to enjoy my Fri-Sun.  Gonna head to Home Depot tomorrow to get my supplies to start working on Alex's desk and going to finish that up this weekend.  Hoping to hit yard sales again on Saturday with Amber to try to find a desk for Sarah, possibly a book shelf and whatever other treasures we can find. LOVE MY YARD SALES!!!

I'm gonna relax this weekend because Monday is packed with my physical/tb test and Sarah's shots...Glad we can do that together so she isn't so scared.  Tuesday is jam packed with my training class that goes from 8am-5:30pm and then Wednesday is the CPR class from 9:30-12:30.  After that it's fingerprints and if all goes well  -- Orientation.  I dunno what made me decide to follow through with this job, but I just don't want to give up on a job that I succeeded at, and even if I only work this job a few years, it will give me time to A. Continue working so I can 1. Get possible benefits 2. File taxes and 3. Make a name for myself and also B. I will have time to really decide what I want to do.
Worst case scenario - I don't like it, and I resign and keep looking, but I just can't let myself fall back into another rut and be jobless for 1-3 years, that makes the 1 year that I worked for ResCare seem pointless, and I put money and effort into that job and went through a grueling test to pass, and I don't want to give up.  If I start work late July that means I only went 1 1/2 months without a job, and that looks better than a big gap in between jobs.

I'm gonna give it my best like I do everything and hope it works out....and another bonus is that when you get money saved up, you'll already have a job lined up down here.  If they don't have medical benefits yes that sucks, but I'll just have to settle for private insurance.
I'll take it one day at a time.

Anyway - Hope you get on and blog again soon. Would love to hear how things are going, and I look forward to getting your letter.
I'm off to go do 115 crunches and take a bath...then take a nap! cause I didn't sleep well last night and had like 100 different dreams.

Hope you're enjoying your day off!
It's remarkably cold right now, only 85!!! Looooooooooove it, so I might try to convince Brian to take me out walking down the strip tonight, I just want to window shop.  We shall see!!

ta ta for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment