HOLY CRAPPOLA! I'm a Nevada Resident!! New drivers license is on its way!!
I've been dreading going to the DMV for over a week now... I kept having flashbacks to the nightmare of the Arizona debacle. I kept expecting to wait in line for 5 hours...sweat and exhaustion oozing from my pours, and when my number finally arrives - and I step up to the counter... I am CRUSHED when she says "this won't work - you need ... blah blah blah... " So I was a wee bit afraid. Alas, it was time, and we arrived a little after 1pm. I was number G476...Yep, that number will stay with me awhile, and they were on something like G350 or something...Needless to say, we had a wait ahead of us...numbers went pretty quickly, and this DMV was like nothing I'd ever seen - hundreds of people waiting, over 25 DMV reps, and it seemed to go rather quickly. There was a lull for awhile because they actually had C's and H's and I's, and we were there a little over 2 hours. OF COURSE we were sitting the entire building length away from our counter, but we made it, and as she went over my documents, and I sat nervously waiting, I was more than relieved when everything checked out fine... I took my glamorous photo, and 22$'s later, it was over!
PHEW!!
but then reality kinda set in - and I freaked out... Thinking about what I was going to do... It really made it official. It scares me... A LOT. Brian and I discussed a lot about what I want to do. He's so supportive of whatever I decide to do. I feel a sense of beginning...like our lives are finally starting...and I just wish this magical voice would appear in my ear...whispering my goals and dreams and I would know instantly what I want to do. Unfortunately, there's no whispering wisdom coming from anywhere. I know I want to write...that will always be my passion...but that doesn't pay the bills currently, and they continue to pile up. So - I will keep applying for jobs, anything that looks interesting - and I won't take the first thing that comes, I will look for something that I want, and maybe go back to school. I've greatly considered transcription or stenography, but I'm just going to keep my eyes and ears open.
In the meantime though... We have to find a nanny for Sarah, get her into a good daycare, and make her some friends. She's pretty lonely. She had a cute conversation with a little girl tonight, who introduced herself, and it was really sweet. Sarah is such a friendly, love-able little girl, and I can't wait for her to start Kindergarten. We're also going to get her started with Gymnastic soon so she can socialize that way. I've looked into some mommy and me groups as well...just not sure quite yet. I know she'll make friends soon :)
After the DMV we went to Chuck E Cheese and had some fun! and boy what a difference going in the afternoon makes, hardly anyone there, but the staff was really friendly and Sarah saw chuck e twice!! We didn't do very well on tickets but she managed to walk away with a necklace, a slinky, and some CANDY! woooohooooo!! We came home after that and relaxed and then when it cooled off we enjoyed the strip. We took the tram from Treasure Island to the Mirage and watched the Volcano. Something Sarah had never seen before because she fell asleep the last time...but was sure not to miss it!
And as you can see, she had a BLAST!!
It was a beautiful night.
We enjoyed ourselves. We thought about going to the M&M factory but the strip was just too crowded. So we decided on going to Denny's for a late night dinner and we shared a Banana Split as well. My tummy regrets it now, but it was fun...the waiter there was a sweetheart and took great care of us. but after tonight, we are sooooooooo done eating out, and we're planning some meals at home!!
No plans tomorrow...lots of rest and swimming!
Now - the "RUN" part. Chantelle contacted me awhile back about joining on the Color me Rad 5k race in September over in Billings. I wasn't sure about going, but after consideration decided it would be a great getaway for myself ... I messaged you about it and I really hope you consider going. Here's the plan...I fly into Billings, MT on the 20th (Friday) and since you work 12-4 you could drive over to Chan's Inn where she works and you guys can take 1 car to pick me up in Billings (2 hours away), we stay the night in Billings (Chan wants to pay for the room, but I figure we can both pitch in for gas), and then the 21st is the race (Registration is 35 now, 40 after Friday) and then after the race we head to the hot springs for some relaxation, then head back to where Chan works and we stay the night Saturday and Sunday and go home Monday. You can go back anytime you want, but Chan is off Monday/Tuesday and would be giving me a ride to the airport.
I know that's a long drive, but I figure it's a lot better than paying for a plane ticket. I know that doesn't cure your Alex & Sarah fix, but I figured if we saved up you'd be here for GOOD anyway, or at least for a visit very soon. The getaway sounded nice, and I figured it'd be nice for some mom/daughter time away. Let me know your thoughts. I wanted something motivating and I'm going to train up to this date and try to run the entire thing.
Let me know your thoughts. We'd have a LOT of fun. Randy might have to ask for some time off as you'd have the car, but you can always take a bus if you have to... I hope you consider it.
Okay - that's it for now. I know you'll be here soon, forever, and if I have to get a job and put my entire paycheck away to make sure you get here.... I'll do it. I can put in apps at any job you want, and go look at apartments for you. Just say the word and I'm there. YOU WILL BE HERE!!!
Love you, and thanks for keeping up with the blogs. Sorry I've been distant... I've been asleep. And that's no joke. But I'm trying to kick the habit... Just in a funk ya know?
Hope your first day with your new client goes really well tomorrow.
LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!



correction, you are OFF Friday, so you can drive over that day and meet Chantelle at her inn, and take one car to pick me up at airport, check in at hotel, etc
ReplyDelete