What a boring day... But ya know what, It's 115 degrees outside last I checked, and I don't feel like dying from heat stroke. lol.
Took the kids to Hobby Lobby...and they LOVED it.. Sarah was in pink heaven!! She has set her sites on a few items for her room...so I will be busy this summer decorating. Alex was busy buying items for his dad and Carrie who drive in from Rosamond, CA tomorrow. I'm happy he's excited! :) i'll miss the crap out of him, but I know this is just what he needs, but yes....the idea of missing him every summer is hard to think about...he'll be able to spend some time with us for Sarah's birthday on the 25th so I'll be looking very forward to that.
In the meantime, I'm revamping my resume and working on references and soon I'll be applying for jobs. I've been without employment for 6 days now..and I didn't think I'd miss it, but I really do, it makes the days go by faster... and I miss having the paycheck..so I'm definitely applying for jobs. I'm excited for the idea of new opportunities and I'm going to be picky, and not take the first job I find, but I have experience behind me and I have the transportation, so why not get out there. I'm not going to start any job until July 1st, I need some time to get more things for the house and get used to the area. No set deadline.
Sarah is set up for her doctors appointment on July 10th... She'll be getting shots, and then she'll be ready for Kindergarten. AHHH! Not sure if Alex is all caught up but last appointment they said he would be all caught up until 10 years old, so we'll see.
Okay muh hands are tired and I still need to do my references. Kids are playing, and I'm enjoying the cool air. Brian's off @ "work" (I'll explain later) and when he gets back we're going out for Alex's send off dinner and then swimming later tonight.
I'm keeping a positive head...but I miss family and I miss home... Yet I love it here, and I feel it every time I go outside..the heat sucks, but the atmosphere is really enjoyable...I love the people and the options and the palm trees and looking over and seeing the strip.
Bittersweet, indeed.
Welp, that's my day and I'm sticking to it! Can't wait to hear from you mom!!
xoxoxo
Al
Seems like your settling in nicely!
ReplyDelete